What does this gizmo do?
The purpose of this gizmo is to create a mask from the world point position pass in Nuke. This gizmo is divided into two kind of mask selections, Cubical and Spherical. You’re also able to mix these two selections.
First, you need to select the point pass, this is what the gizmo uses to generate the mask.
Spherical Mask Knobs
- The Disable check box will let you bypass the spherical selection.
- Center XYZ is the origin of the selection. You can either input the values into the R(x), G(y), B(z) knob, or simply use the color picker and point to the pixel that you want to be the center of the selection.
- Radius Multiplier, as the name suggests, will multiply the radius of the sphere selection.
- Inner and outer softness will help to smooth out the edge of the selection.
Cubical Mask Knobs
- Disable and Center XYZ does the same thing that explained in Spherical Mask section.
- Width, Height, Depth are the size of the selection box.
- Inner and Outer Softness are for smoothing the edge of the selected box